Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

Are you ready for some football?

Are you ready for some of the best commercials you’ll see all year?

For Arnold going at it on the Ping-Pong table?


 Or are you just there for the eats?

Up until a few years ago, I was there for the eats. Could care less who was playing. Could care less what the score was, who missed what critical pass, who was injured and playing his heart out anyway--none of it interested me. I was there for the food. Mostly, to cook it. Loved cooking a bunch of greasy, cheesy, spicy snacks for a bunch of crazy folks who seemed to be making a sport out of whose turn it was to scream at the television set next.

But that was then.

Today, I’m right in there with them--or at least on the couch. We moved into Patriot territory, what can I say? I mean, is there a better quarterback out there? Seriously? I don’t think so. However, sitting on the couch has one disadvantage. No one is in the kitchen. So this season, I’ve had to come up with a few recipes to keep me in the game. Chips and salsa just ain’t my style. Well, unless it’s Lipton onion dip and a bag of Ruffles that is. In that case, you best watch your fingers.

Over the next week, I'll share a few dishes I like to serve.

First up, Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce


A Panamanian girlfriend shared her recipe a few years ago, and after a few tweaks, I think I have the perfect sauce. Even the ingredients are beautiful!
Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

Ingredients:
1 small red onion
3 cloves garlic
1 cup packed fresh parsley
1 cup packed fresh cilantro
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbs red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper

Directions:
1. Dump everything into your food processor, except the olive oil,  and process until smooth.

2. Transfer the sauce to a bowl, add the oil, and let it sit for at least 20 minutes.

I serve it with grilled flank steak, sliced very thin, and threaded onto bamboo skewers.

Enjoy!!

PS And, yes, it's Paleo all the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment